Overview of the Problem
Healthcare disparities across racial and ethnic groups have been a long standing issue in pediatrics, affecting every outcome measure. It is crucial to identify and address these disparities in order to improve healthcare equity, ensure regulatory compliance, boost U.S. News rankings, and optimize financial performance.
The Role Opus Plays
Opus, Configo Health’s benchmarking analytics platform, stands as a robust tool in the fight against these disparities. With a database comprising over 14 million pediatric encounters, Opus utilizes advanced analytics to identify trends and potential sources of variation in outcomes across different patient populations.
Opus Equity takes that robust data set and applies an equity lens, allowing your hospital to visualize and compare its performance with other children’s hospitals across different patient populations (race, ethnicity, SES, sex and age), thereby highlighting areas for improvement. It integrates seamlessly into existing workflows, enabling the transformation of complex data into actionable insights to effect meaningful changes in clinical practice.
Value Created by Opus
- Enhanced Equity: Opus illuminates disparities in outcomes across all metrics, allowing for targeted interventions to improve healthcare equity.
- Outcomes Improvement: Improved equity equates to better health outcomes overall, enhancing the quality of care for all patients.
- U.S. News Performance: Addressing disparities can enhance your hospital’s ranking in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals listings.
- Regulatory Compliance: Opus helps your hospital meet regulatory requirements related to health disparities, thereby improving compliance and reputation.
- Improved Reimbursement: As healthcare shifts towards value-based care, improved equity can have a positive impact on reimbursement negotiations. Opus provides the necessary data to support these discussions.
How to Use Opus to Solve this Problem
Opus Equity was created to identify disparities between patient populations within your organization and compare your outcomes to external benchmarks. Hospitals can use out-of-the-box reports surfacing differences in key outcomes like LOS, readmission rates or mortality across patient populations or create custom disease/condition or service level reports unique to their organization. Opus Equity also gives hospitals overviews of their equity landscape by providing not only executive summaries, but also broad views of their demographics and reports focusing on crucial questions of care access. All of these reports bring in comparisons to external benchmarks, creating a truly best in class Equity suite of tools for tackling healthcare disparities at your organization.
Configo Health is committed to assisting your hospital in achieving improved healthcare equity. With Opus, you gain not only a powerful analytics tool, but also a partner dedicated to enhancing the quality of care, improving efficiency, and optimizing financial performance.