Overview of the Problem
A common issue for service line leaders and quality and safety teams in children’s hospitals is the lack of benchmarked outcomes that align with the unique structure and terminology of their individual hospitals, while maintaining the integrity of the benchmark.
The Role Opus Plays
Configo Health’s Opus, a pediatric hospital benchmarking analytics platform boasting over 14 million pediatric encounters, addresses this issue head-on. Opus allows for the customization of benchmarked outcomes that aligns with your hospital’s unique structure and terminology, ensuring that the data you review is relevant and meaningful to your organization, while maintaining benchmark integrity.
Value Created by Opus
- Cost Savings: Customized benchmarks allow for precise data interpretation, leading to effective resource allocation and cost savings.
- Outcomes Improvement: By providing pertinent, tailored benchmarks, Opus facilitates more targeted initiatives that lead to better patient outcomes.
- U.S. News Performance: Comprehensive and pertinent benchmarking data enhances the accuracy and reliability of your reports, improving your U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals rankings.
- Regulatory Compliance: Opus ensures your benchmarking adheres to the unique needs and structure of your hospital, maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Improved Reimbursement: With relevant benchmarking data, your negotiations with payers are based on accurate performance metrics, promoting improved reimbursement levels.
How to Use Opus to Solve this Problem
Configo starts with the understanding that every children’s hospital is structured differently. Configo works directly with hospital teams to understand each unique structure and ensure that the data we collect supports the real world reporting needs of each hospital. In Opus, Configo configures specific service-level reports displaying outcomes like readmission, mortality, LOS and patient volumes or custom measures defined by your teams. Hospital leaders can then send appropriate reporting to teams, whether that is at the system, campus or service level, all compared to internal and external benchmarks.
Configo Health’s Opus provides the customizability you need, with the benchmark integrity you rely on, allowing your teams to work with data that is pertinent, insightful, and actionable.