Overview of the Problem
Readmission disparities across different racial and ethnic groups are a significant concern in pediatric care. These disparities highlight the need for a more equitable healthcare system, as they can affect a hospital’s reputation, regulatory standing, U.S. News ranking, and overall financial health.
The Role Opus Plays
Opus, Configo Health’s benchmarking analytics platform, stands as a robust tool in the fight against these disparities. With a database comprising over 14 million pediatric encounters, Opus utilizes advanced analytics to identify trends and potential sources of variation in outcomes across different patient populations.
Opus Equity takes that robust data set and applies an equity lens, allowing your hospital to visualize and compare its performance with other children’s hospitals across different patient populations (race, ethnicity, SES, sex and age), thereby highlighting areas for improvement. It integrates seamlessly into existing workflows, enabling the transformation of complex data into actionable insights to effect meaningful changes in clinical practice.
Value Created by Opus
- Improved Equity: By highlighting disparities in readmission rates, Opus helps drive targeted interventions to enhance equity in healthcare outcomes.
- Outcomes Improvement: Improved equity invariably results in better overall health outcomes, contributing to the quality of care provided to all children.
- U.S. News Performance: Reductions in readmission disparities enhance your hospital’s standing in the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals rankings.
- Regulatory Compliance: Opus aids your hospital in meeting and surpassing regulatory requirements related to health disparities, thereby enhancing your compliance standing and reputation.
- Improved Reimbursement: With the shift towards value-based care, improved equity can positively impact your negotiations for reimbursement rates. Opus provides compelling evidence to support these discussions.
How to Use Opus to Solve this Problem
Opus Equity was created to identify disparities between patient populations within your organization and compare your outcomes to external benchmarks. The platform contains specific reports tailored to displaying readmission rates across diagnostic and procedural groups and highlighting disparities by patient populations. Hospitals can easily visualize, for example, the 30-day all-cause readmission rate for patients with a specific diagnosis, for example post-surgical patients, and the demographics of those patients while highlighting where different groups diverge in outcome. All of these reports bring in comparisons to external benchmarks, creating a truly best in class Equity suite of tools for tackling healthcare disparities at your organization.
Configo Health is committed to supporting your hospital in its pursuit of improved equity in pediatric healthcare. With Opus, you gain not just a powerful