Overview of the Problem
In-depth and granular analysis of individual safety events is vital in pediatric healthcare, but can be hindered by a lack of suitable analytical tools. Analyzing these events at the campus and unit levels provides insight that can drive improvements and ensure patient safety.
The Role Opus Plays
Configo Health’s Opus is a pediatric hospital benchmarking analytics platform that incorporates data from over 14 million pediatric encounters. It empowers quality and safety teams to perform deep-dives into individual safety events, providing detailed reports right down to the campus and unit level. Furthermore, it enables hospitals to visualize their performance variations against other children’s hospitals, seamlessly incorporating this insight into existing workflows.
Value Created by Opus
- Cost Savings: By facilitating a deep dive into individual safety events, Opus allows for early identification and rectification of issues, preventing costly repercussions.
- Outcomes Improvement: Detailed analysis of safety events aids in identifying patterns and trends that may impact patient outcomes, allowing teams to take proactive measures to improve.
- U.S. News Performance: A focus on patient safety contributes positively to a hospital’s rankings in the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals.
- Regulatory Compliance: Opus’ detailed, granular reporting aids in ensuring regulatory compliance, supporting the accuracy and integrity of data reported to regulatory bodies.
- Improved Reimbursement: Through rigorous safety event analysis and subsequent improvements, Opus enables hospitals to negotiate better reimbursement rates with payers.
How to Use Opus to Solve this Problem
Opus Quality & Safety has robust event-level reporting capabilities. From basic event counts and run charts to advanced SPCs, safety reports can be fully automated and sent to appropriate leaders around the organization monthly. Opus goes even further, and allows not only for organization-level reporting, but breaks down HACs at the campus and even unit-level, giving leaders actionable data for their teams. Opus also displays deep dives into individual HACs and custom-to-your-organization Zero Harm Index tables and other summary measures to align Safety and Leadership groups.
Opus brings new depth to safety event analysis, enabling your team to drive improvements and ensuring that your patients receive the best care possible.