Overview of the Problem
Understanding variations in individual provider outcomes and volumes is a critical aspect for service line leaders when aiming to optimize hospital performance and patient care. However, lack of clarity and inability to gain insights quickly and easily into these variances can hinder progress and decision-making.
The Role Opus Plays
Our pediatric hospital benchmarking analytics platform, Opus, is engineered to help service line leaders understand and dissect variations in individual provider outcomes and volumes. Leveraging a vast database of over 14 million pediatric encounters, Opus provides hospitals the ability to compare and visualize their performance against other children’s hospitals. The platform’s seamless integration into existing workflows ensures that the insights it offers can be put to immediate use.
Value Created by Opus
- Cost Savings: By providing timely, actionable data, Opus eliminates the need for time-consuming manual data analysis, leading to substantial cost savings.
- Improved Outcomes: With a more in-depth understanding of provider outcomes and volumes, service line leaders can make informed decisions leading to improved patient outcomes.
- U.S. News Performance: Improved performance and outcomes can contribute positively to your hospital’s rankings in the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals list.
- Regulatory Compliance: Access to immediate, comprehensive data aids in fulfilling regulatory requirements by ensuring that crucial performance and outcome data is at your fingertips.
- Improved Reimbursement: Better understanding of individual provider volumes and outcomes can support more successful negotiations with insurers, leading to improved reimbursement rates under value-based payment models.
How to Use Opus to Solve this Problem
Opus Quality & Safety allows users to analyze, visualize and report patient volumes and outcomes in a variety of formats. To investigate variations in outcomes by physician, Opus users can choose to view reports showing either individual or groups of physicians across an array of outcome measures or narrow in to a specific diagnostic population and view the outcomes by physician treating those patients. All of these reports can be customized and scheduled to be sent automatically to appropriate administrators and clinicians on a regular basis for continuous improvement.
At Configo Health, our commitment is to deliver tools and solutions that help your hospital rise to the challenges of pediatric care. With Opus, we offer more than just a cutting-edge analytics platform, but a partner dedicated to promoting better understanding, enhanced operational efficiency, and improved patient outcomes.